[OpenLayers-Trac] Re: [OpenLayers] #3451: Rendering fails on setting minScale on Vector Layer with different Projection and Units as in the Map

OpenLayers trac-20090302 at openlayers.org
Mon Aug 8 03:27:45 EDT 2011

#3451: Rendering fails on setting minScale on Vector Layer with different
Projection and Units as in the Map
-------------------------------------------+--------------------------------
 Reporter:  mca                            |       Owner:  euzuro
     Type:  bug                            |      Status:  new
Changes (by erilem):

  * milestone:  2.11 Release => 2.12 Release

Comment:

 This indeed sounds like a bug in the library.

 Using {{{this.map.units}}} for the calculation of {{{maxResolution}}}
 isn't correct, because {{{this.map.units}}} is just a default
 configuration value. Using {{{this.map.getUnits()}}}, to get the units of
 the base layer, would be better, but it won't work if the map doesn't have
 a base layer yet. Using {{{this.map.getUnits() || this.map.units}}} might
 be a good enough solution. I'm still wondering whether we should use
 {{{this.map.getUnits() || this.map.units}}} for every call to
 {{{getScaleFromResolution}}} and {{{getResolutionFromScale}}} done in
 Layer.js.

 Setting Milestone to 2.12 as this isn't a regression from 2.10.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/3451#comment:1>
OpenLayers <http://openlayers.org/>