[OpenLayers-Users] OT: http://featureserver.org/

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Mon Apr 23 10:55:36 EDT 2007

On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 10:25:21AM -0400, Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
> I found http://featureserver.org/ today.
> Does anyone know who is doing this? or what the plans for this are?
> This looks like it might be of interest to a bunch of us here.

I know who is doing it, but I can't speak to plans yet :)

FeatureServer is an internal project from MetaCarta Labs, and is being
developed for a number of tools we're building. At the moment, the
website is up so that the topic of RESTful Feature Serving can be
pounded on.

There are a number of different factors in the future of FeatureServer,
and I would like to hear more about what it's needed for so that we can
make it happen.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta