[OpenLayers-Users] single file library distorts size of markers?

Joanne Cook j.cook at oxfordarch.co.uk
Wed Aug 8 06:32:14 EDT 2007

Hi List,

I am experimenting with the compressed single file version of OpenLayers and have come across a couple of issues with the size of the markers I use for wfs. I'm sure there's a simple reason for it but I can't figure it out.

I have replaced the default marker (/img/marker.png) with a custom one, and when I use the compressed library it makes the marker much larger. To see this behaviour in the examples below, please zoom in far enough to swap from wms to wfs- it's quite clear when the markers change.

http://mapdata.thehumanjourney.net/index_nocomp_gs.html uses the non-compressed library (OL2.3)
http://mapdata.thehumanjourney.net/index_comp_gs.html uses the compressed library (OL2.3)

The only difference between the two is that the non compressed version uses the /lib/OpenLayers.js and the compressed one uses OpenLayers.js.

Furthermore, when I try this with OpenLayers2.4, I have an even more confusing problem, in that the compressed version displays the same problem as with 2.3, whereas the non-compressed version seems to lose the marker altogether.

http://mapdata.thehumanjourney.net/index_nocomp_gs_24.html is the non-compressed version using OL2.4.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks

Jo