[OpenLayers-Users] Shape?s?

Gerd Dowideit g.dowideit at uq.edu.au
Sun Aug 12 01:50:38 EDT 2007

Hi All,
I am new to OL. I am testing OL 2.4. I also have Apache with MS4W map
server support up and running on two of my machines (Using WAMP and
Cartoweb). I feel Cartoweb is a bit of an overkill  for what I want to
do: deliver ESRI shapefiles via web pages to my students for viewing and
also for minor edit-overlays.
I had a good look at the OL documentation, but gave up as it seems to be
targeting the systems developer crowd, not the application developer
side.
Here my question, just like Conde's: Are there any HTML/JS code examples
for
A) connecting to a server like my WAMP/Apache/MS4W setup and
B) OL specific code to insert shapefiles into my Map?
Cheers,  Gerd
Dr Gerd R Dowideit
School of Geography, Planning and Architecture
The University of Queensland
Chamberlain Building, Room 508
phone (07) 3365 3538 (work)
          (07) 3289 2325 (home)