[OpenLayers-Users] document.createElementNS on IE

Jeff Dege jdege at korterra.com
Tue Aug 14 16:00:59 EDT 2007

On Tuesday, August 14, 2007 2:47 PM, Tim Schaub wrote:

> Jeff Dege wrote:
> >
> > This doesn't look like it's been through even the most cursory unit
> > test.  In fact, it look like it's half-way through a restructuring.
> >
> > But thanks for pointing me to it.  I might be able to make something
of
> > it.
>
> I'll suggest that this comes off as a pretty bad attitude.

I'm sorry if it came across that way.  I understand and appreciate the
work that's being done.

I'm dealing with my own deadlines, and my estimates had assumed that
this functionality already existed.  That it doesn't yet isn't your
fault, and you've done nothing that justifies your being the target of
my frustration.

> You are correct.  You caught me doing a bit of restructuring.  And I
> left a sandbox in a partially fixed state.

I'd have said that one of our own fundamental principles, around here,
is to never check in code that won't compile.  Except that's only true
of our trunk and branches.  We've never enforced that rule on our
developers' private sandboxes.

> As always, help is appreciated.  Most of us put a lot of volunteer
time
> in to this project.  Attitude is not appreciated and is likely to
result
> in less dedication by those that are contributing.

I did a quick hack to get things working, though I'm not sure I've
propogated the error checking it looks like you were half-way through
putting in place.  (I.e, responding appropriately to an unknown type.)

But with that hack, I'm successfully writing GML text.  What I'm going
to be doing over the next week or so should exercise at least part of
this code.

What more needs to be done, to get this ready?