[OpenLayers-Users] Openlayers with mapserv

James McManus jmpmcmanus at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 20 18:13:52 EDT 2007

I made both those changes, but did not get an image. I had
transparent:"true" which I got from an example. This seemed strange so I
changed it to false. I now get the level selection menu and pink tiles,
but no image. There are no errors in my error_log, but my access_log
shows that I am issuing the mapserver command. However, I am not
generating a png image in the cache (tmp) directory. If I use this
mapfile outside of OpenLayers I produce a png, so permissions to that
directory for apache is okay. Does OpenLayers use use IMAGEPATH in the
mapfile to try and find the png image? It seems like an error message
would be produced, say the image can not be found.

Jim