[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLayers "wizard"

Tom (JDi Solutions) tom.dean at jdi-solutions.co.uk
Fri Aug 24 09:16:54 EDT 2007

All,

I have been writing a PHP class to make OpenLayers setup much more
straightforward and would be happy to make this available if anyone is
interested.  Don't know if it helps the specific cause of this thread but an
example of a calling file is shown below.  The example includes 2 WMS
layers, a layer switcher, standard mouse controls, zoom, pan control and the
ability to click a point and have the co-ordinates saved in a form for later
submission to cgi.  There's a few fairly bespoke features in the full class
(including specific settings for EPSG:27700 [British National Grid])  and
it's definitely a work in progress but if anybody was interested in
developing it further, or if anyone knows of a similar project let me know.

cheers,

Tom

  <head>
    <?php
    include('c:\inetpub\wwwroot\functions\phpgeneric\jdiolmapclass.php');

    $map = new JDiOLMap(600,600,543443,255213,7);
    $map->add27700Options();

    $map->addWMSLayer('Layer1', 'layername1', 'image/jpeg', null, '
http://mywms?', true, 'Copyright message');
    $map->addWMSLayer('Layer2', 'layername2', 'image/jpeg', null, '
http://mywms?', true);

    $map->addOLControl('MouseDefaults');
    $map->overrideZoom();
    $map->addOLControl('LayerSwitcher');
    $map->addOLControl('PanZoomBar');

    $map->addPointClickForForm('x','y', 538073, -5570129);

    $map->drawHTMLHeaderBits();
    $map->drawLoadMethod();

    ?>
  </head>
    <?php $map->drawMapDiv(); ?>
    <form name="the_form">
    <input type="text" id="x" name="x" /> <input type="text" id="y" name="y"
/>
    </form>