[OpenLayers-Users] Click not falling through

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Fri Aug 31 14:43:36 EDT 2007

On Fri, Aug 31, 2007 at 11:17:48AM -0700, Ryan Hofschneider wrote:
> Howdy:
>
> If I add a WFS (Vector) layer to the map after a Text layer, and then
> activate both layers in the layer switcher, I am not able to click on
> the markers in the Text layer to open a pop-up. If the WFS layer is
> turned off, I am able to click on the markers. I have fallThrough set
> to true in the map, but perhaps I have misunderstood what that
> parameter is for.

That parameter is for events falling through the map. Unfortunately, the
SVG element captures and stops all the mouse events: as far as I know,
we have no way to change this behavior.

> I am using OpenLayers 2.4. I have worked around this previously by
> carefully ordering all of my marker-based layers after vector and
> raster ones, but my layer list is getting too long to do this
> conveniently.

Unfortunately, there is no better solution for what you're looking for.
Patches, feedback, etc. to correct me on this front are, of course,
welcome.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta