[OpenLayers-Users] Exception Error

R. Ortner reinhard.ortner at edu.fh-kaernten.ac.at
Tue Dec 4 03:05:05 EST 2007

hi, when i type python i get:

Python 2.4.3 (#1, Jul 26 2006, 20:13:39)
[GCC 3.4.6] on linux2

so i guess it is installed, but when i try to call the
http://172.xx.xx.xx/cgi-bin/proxy.cgi i get an 500 Internal server error.

do i have to change someting in the cgi script (first line is:
#!/usr/bin/env python)

how i can find out where python is installed?
when i trie to call http://172.xx.xx.xx/cgi-bin/  I get a forbidden (You
don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/ on this server.).  but the cgi-bin
is set to chmod 755 and all files within.

really have no clue why I can´t reach the cgi-bin from the browser?