[OpenLayers-Users] character encoding

R. Ortner reinhard.ortner at edu.fh-kaernten.ac.at
Tue Dec 4 06:14:31 EST 2007

hi,

I´ve still trouble with my special character encoding.

-The database is in Latin1 and in Win-1252 (both capable of special
caracters like ö,ä,ü,²,...)
-the OL.php file is defined in the head sectoin as Iso-8859-1
-the template.html specified in the mapfile is defined as Iso-8859-1

when I call the GetFeatureInfo request in the browser it is displayed
correctly (also in qgis or gvsig), when i call it witin the OL application
no special character is displayed(only ? as symbols)
not even the special characters in "plain" text in the template file. (I
have a table, in one row i wrote some text like "länge" in the second row is
the GetInfoRequest from the database) Then it writes "l?nge" instead of
"länge"

so i don´t think the database is responsible for that and not the template
file specified in Iso-8859-1!

is there a way to tell the mapserver to send the characters in Iso-8859-1 or
something in OL to define?
     Because either the mapserver send it wrong or it is displayed wrong by
OL.

Or can I somehow send the encoding with the getFeatureInfo request?