[OpenLayers-Users] Retrieving different coordinates

Hufjan hufjan at web.de
Mon Dec 10 06:56:14 EST 2007

Hello Bart,
I experimented with my map trying to get coordinates for EPSG:4326 from
my EPSG:32632.Map. What I did is changing the request from

http://localhost:8080/geoserver/wms?bbox=277023.0864899452,5233434.01524883,923881.7291952965,6106592.061342626&styles=&Format=application/openlayers&request=GetMap&layers=topp:Deutschland&width=457&height=550&srs=EPSG:32632

http://localhost:8080/geoserver/wms?bbox=*5.508,47.117,15.619,55.104*&styles=&Format=application/openlayers&request=GetMap&layers=topp:Deutschland&width=457&height=550&srs=EPSG:4326

Then I get my coordinates in Lat/Lon.
But: I didn't want to convert my 'mappicture'. It should remain in the
same UTM-projection I rectified it to. So my result is just a half step
forward.
Coordinates fine, map declined :-(

I discussed this theme in the Geoserver-List as well. There I was told
about the proj4j-library - especially about Mike Adair sandbox
(http://trac.openlayers.org/browser/sandbox/madair/lib).
This is meant to reproject coordinates from UTM (for all SRS handeling
UTM?) to EPSG:4326.
But I was was only told where to find it. So far nobody seems to have
experience with it neither knows if it's working. I also didn't find any
tutorials how to deal with it.

Do you ever met this problem?

Best regards,
cuxland