[OpenLayers-Users] SVG Overlay

miles miles.togoe at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 17:38:07 EST 2007

Pierre GIRAUD wrote:
> I'm just wondering if you noticed that we are using a svg symbols catalogue.
> http://dev.openlayers.org/sandbox/camptocamp/vectorSymbols/examples/symbol_catalog.svg

ahh, okay, maybe this is what I'm trying to figure out - I can see the
usefulness for many people of having a ready-to-use symbol library.  But
since there's obviously code that translates SVG from the symbol
library, couldn't there be or is there an api call that imports directly
from a separate SVG file rather than from the symbol library - thus,
instead of having to put a dynamically created SVG in the symbol
library, we could just call something like map.importsvg(mysvg,
x,y,scale,rotate) - then the SVG import file gets the advantage of being
geo-positioned (if that is the right term) and converted to VML, if IE.