[OpenLayers-Users] Text layer and mouseover

bradleyspencer brad at cubewerx.com.au
Tue Dec 18 15:56:37 EST 2007

Clare,

I'm not sure what your question means? I will have a go at answering for you
as I understand your question.

I actually leave the WMS request that deliver maps to the client up to
OpenLayers. However, I have found it easier to build my own
GetCapabilities/GetFeature/GetFeatureInfo requests myself and submit them to
my own PHP script on my server that does the actual WMS request and returns
it to the client as XML all via Ajax. I believe this is a clunky solution
and could be made better if I knew how to build a proxy server :(

I am not using GeoServer with this application although I have accessed
Geoserver and it works just fine through OpenLayers (and so it should by the
way thanks to OGC).

I hope that answers your question.

Cheers,

Brad Spencer