[OpenLayers-Users] Does OL have utility function to convert WKB into something usable?

Tim Schaub tschaub at openplans.org
Wed Dec 26 15:08:45 EST 2007

Hey-

Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does OL have utility function to convert WKB into something usable?
> Searching with google did not show anything appropriate.

Reading binary files is problematic cross-browser.  In Firefox, we can
override the mime-type to "text/plain; charset=x-user-defined" and parse
a byte at a time, but this doesn't work in IE.

I'd be happy to be told otherwise, but I think the answer is use known
character sets with browsers (not binary files).

Tim