[OpenLayers-Users] Mapserver vs WMS.layer

Maria Panagou snowdrop at ath.forthnet.gr
Fri Dec 28 11:47:49 EST 2007

I've declared a wms layer using the following syntax, which works fine.

  var quakes = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS( "Earthquakes",
                        "http://127.0.0.1:80/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?",
                        { map: '../htdocs/mpanagou/Quakes original.map',
                          transparent:'true',
                          layers: 'Quakes',
                          'format':'png'},
                          {'reproject': true});

I want to test this, using Mapserver layer instead so I replace new
OpenLayers.Layer.WMS with new OpenLayers.Layer.Mapserver, but the map won't
show at all. Do I need to use different parameters for the mapserver layer?

The reason I want to test that is that WMS layer is too slow. I tried the
untiled or singletile:'true' options but I see no difference.