[OpenLayers-Users] Question regarding projection

Glen Stampoultzis gstamp at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 19:30:58 EST 2007

I have an issue that I'm having trouble figuring out how to solve.

I'm stuck with a map server that uses a projection that changes depending on
your current lon/lat.  When you make a map request for a particular bounding
box it actually gives you back an adjusted bounding box.  How much depends
on you're current zoom level and latitude.

This prevents the use of the tiling option since the map can not be aligned
in a nice need flat grid.  I was hoping I could use it in untiled mode
however the fact that the map returned is different from the map expected
still causes a number of issues.  I was thinking I might be able to use a
custom projection but so for it's been difficult to deal with this since we
have variations as we travel up and down latitude and zoom level.

Anyone got some ideas how I can deal with this?

Regards,

Glen