[OpenLayers-Users] Syntax for the GeoRSS call?

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Tue Feb 6 15:06:32 EST 2007

On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 07:44:08PM +0000, Alexandre Leroux wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> OpenLayers's GeoRSS example ask you to feed the url through a textbox. I
> have failed to find the right syntax to send it directly.
>
> My last attempt was:
> OpenLayers.Layer.GeoRSS("Slashgeo", "http://slashgeo.org/index.rss");
> map.addLayer([georss_layer]);
> but it doesn't work. What's wrong? (I have tried multiple permutations,
> including removing the [] on georss_layer)

Removing the [] is the right thing to do:

OpenLayers.Layer.GeoRSS("Slashgeo", "http://slashgeo.org/index.rss");
map.addLayer(georss_layer);

However, it looks like you've removed your ProxyHost line. Without this,
it's not possible to load data from a remote host:

http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/FrequentlyAskedQuestions#ProxyHost

If you read that FAQ, and are still having problems, please respond and
we can investigate the issue further.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta