[OpenLayers-Users] Mapserver WFS layer

Neil Best nbest at forestone.com
Thu Feb 8 10:06:12 EST 2007

I am in the process of testing any WFS client I can get my hands on
against my Mapserver WFS service.  I have some multipolygon layers that
I am serving from shapefiles and I can render them correctly using
either Mapserver or uDig as the client, although uDig chokes whenever
the XML includes attributes.  When I follow the WFS examples for OL that
I have been able to find nothing happens.  I am using the Metacarta WMS
as a base layer but that's all that appears.  The server logs indicate
that appropriate GetFeature requests are being made for the map tiles.
When I cut and paste these requests directly into my browser I get what
appears to be a well-formed XML response, so where does it go when the
map object asks for it?  Is it possible that only WFS point features are
supported at this time?  It is unclear to me what would determine the
style of these polygons even if they were supported.   Hopefully this is
enough information for someone to tell me if what I am trying is even
possible.  Thanks for your time, everyone.

Neil