[OpenLayers-Users] problems with the overview map

Lars Schrader lars.schrader at web.de
Wed Feb 14 08:05:37 EST 2007

Hello,

I`ve got a problem with the OverviewMap. I have read some postings from the
list and the entry in the wiki, but I can´t find a solution for my problem.

What I want to have is a OverviewMap, which always shows the complete area of
interest (the complete WMS-Layer). No Zoom-In and no Zoom-Out. Only the red
rectangle should change his position.

I have send the non-default options from the main map to the constructor of
the overview.

I thought, that the entry 'numZoomLevels: 1' can solve the problem with the
'No Zoom-In and no Zoom-Out', but it doesn´t work.

How can I define a Bounding Box for the OverviewMap, which always shows the
complete view of the OverviewMap-Layer (that´s the maxExtent-Entry in the
code)?

Hope anybody can help me.

Greetings, Lars

        var optionsOverview = {div: $('overviewdiv')
                                , projection: "EPSG:31467"
                                , units: 'm'
                                , maxExtent:new
OpenLayers.Bounds(3344905,5685539,3663844,5970992)
                                , resolutions: [35,30,25,20,12,9,6,4,2,1]
                                , layers:[overviewMap.clone()]
                                , 'size': new OpenLayers.Size(300,300)
                                //, minRatio: 8
                                //, maxRatio: 32
                                , numZoomLevels: 1
                                };

            var ovControl = new
OpenLayers.Control.OverviewMap(optionsOverview);

            ovControl.isSuitableOverview = function() {
                                         return false;
            };

            map.addControl(ovControl);