[OpenLayers-Users] problems with the overview map

Tim Schaub noreply at geocartic.com
Wed Feb 14 12:25:38 EST 2007

Lars Schrader wrote:
> What I want to have is a OverviewMap, which always shows the complete area of
> interest (the complete WMS-Layer). No Zoom-In and no Zoom-Out. Only the red
> rectangle should change his position.

The numZoomLevels has to be set on the mapOptions property of the
control's options.

   var options = {mapOptions: {numZoomLevels: 1}};
   map.addControl(new OpenLayers.Control.OverviewMap(options));

This is also true of any other options that you want to set on the
overview map control's map.  For example, instead of setting maxExtent
as a property of the control, it needs to be set as a property of the
control's map - this is done with the mapOptions property of the control.

This is a bit confusing without looking at an example.  Take a look at
the examples on the wiki page
(http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/Control/OverviewMap#Customprojectionsextentsetc.)

Write back if you still have trouble.

Tim