[OpenLayers-Users] problems with the overview map

Lars Schrader lars.schrader at web.de
Fri Feb 16 04:55:09 EST 2007

Hallo Tim,

I think that I understand your answer, but it doesn´t work,
The complete code snippet at the end of these email works, but I have to
define the layer as a base layer:

 overviewMap.addOptions({isBaseLayer: true});

Otherwise I don´t see the overview map. It´s also important that I define the
layer for the overview map in the following way:

, layers:[overviewMap]

What the fifferent between
layers:[overviewMap]
and
mapOptions: {layers:[overviewMap]} ?

The snippet with the mapOptions phrase doesn´t work. Why? In my example I
wanted to use:
mapOptions: {numZoomLevels: 1, layers:[overviewMap]}

Greetings, Lars

overviewMap = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS.Untiled(
	"Overview Map"
	, "http://x.x.x.x/cgi-bin/mapserv?"
	, {map:'/home/mapserver/mapserver/ni/fbfinder/fbfinder_lk_pg_wms.map'
	, layers: 'LK-Layer', format:'image/png', 'transparent': 'true'}
        , {maxExtent: new OpenLayers.Bounds(3340000,5685539,3680000,5970992)
	, maxResolution: 'auto', projection:"EPSG:31467",ratio:'1'
        } );
        overviewMap.setVisibility(true);
        overviewMap.addOptions({isBaseLayer: true});
        /* map.addLayer(overviewMap); */
       	var optionsOverview = {div: $('overviewmap')
		, projection: "EPSG:31467"
		, units: 'm'
		, maxExtent:new OpenLayers.Bounds(3340000,5685539,3680000,5970992)
		, resolutions: [45,40,35,30,25,20,12,9,6,4,2,1]
		, layers:[overviewMap]
		, 'size': new OpenLayers.Size(200,200)
		, mapOptions: {numZoomLevels: 1}
    	};

    	var ovControl = new OpenLayers.Control.OverviewMap(optionsOverview);
    	ovControl.isSuitableOverview = function() {
			return true;
    	};

    	map.addControl(ovControl);