[OpenLayers-Users] Changing map file FILTER parameter via URL - WFS layer with OVF connection

Pedrazzi Gelsomini pedrazzi.gelsomini at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 10:01:30 EST 2007

Hi everyone,

I m using openlayers for my application and I have a WFS layer filled by my
mysql database using mapserver.

My layer inizialitazion is:
var user_wfs = new OpenLayers.Layer.WFS( \"User Points\",
                    \"
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/var/www/thesilence/webroot/mapserver/config/data_points.map&\",

            {typename: \"points\"}, { featureClass: OpenLayers.Feature.WFS
});

In my file.map i have the following layer:

LAYER
    CONNECTION "my_points.ovf"
    CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
    DATA "points"
    METADATA
        "wms_srs"    "EPSG:4326"
        "wms_title"    "points"
        "wfs_srs"    "EPSG:4326"
        "wfs_title"    "points"
        "gml_featureid"    "fid"
        "gml_include_items"  "all"
    END
    NAME "points"
    SIZEUNITS PIXELS
    STATUS ON
    DUMP TRUE
    PROJECTION
        "init=epsg:4326"
    END
    TOLERANCE 20
    TOLERANCEUNITS PIXELS
    TYPE POINT
    UNITS METERS

    FILTERITEM "user_id"
    #FILTER ""

where my_points.ovf is:

<OGRVRTDataSource>
        <OGRVRTLayer name="points">
        <SrcDataSource>ODBC:myuser/mypsw at mydns</SrcDataSource>
        <SrcSQL>
        SELECT data_points.id AS fid, latitude, longitude,
des_walks.com_user_id AS user_id
        FROM data_points JOIN des_walks
        WHERE des_walks.id = data_points.des_walk_id
    </SrcSQL>
    <GeometryType>wkbPoint</GeometryType>
    <LayerSRS>WGS84</LayerSRS>
        <GeometryField encoding="PointFromColumns" x="longitude"
y="latitude"/>
        </OGRVRTLayer>
</OGRVRTDataSource>

but I need to change the value of the FILTER parameter in the map file via
URL.

The connection with database works and allows me to put my points on my map.
I would like to filter these data by "user_id" and show only the data linked
to a specific user, but i have to pass this parameter via url because it is
not always the same.

Now i m passing just the typename in the openlayers function, but i dont
know how to change the FILTER parameter in my map file.
    FILTERITEM "user_id"
    #FILTER ""

Any suggestion?
Thank you very much!