[OpenLayers-Users] Scale Control rounding low-valued scales

Stuart Eve stuarteve at lparchaeology.com
Sun Feb 18 11:53:19 EST 2007

Hi Christopher

Thanks for the reply,

 From our point of view we deal with digitised archaeological plans
which are sometimes drawn at 1:20 or 1:10 (we are using metres as the
units not centimetres). Therefore rounding to the nearest integer for
scale is totally fine for us - it would be nice I guess to get right
down to 1:1! Can you explain why the browser isn't the best for
centimetre accuracy? The MousePosition control seems to work well and I
have checked the coordinates of various features against my desktop GIS
and it seems right on... In fact Openlayers is working really well
(except for the scale read-out) we are loving it!

Stuart