[OpenLayers-Users] WMS transparent: TRUE versus true

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Mon Feb 19 14:00:18 EST 2007

On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 07:53:58PM +0100, Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> in the OpenLayers codebase, for WMS there is a check on lowercase true
> as a value for the parameter TRANSPARENT.
>
> According to the OGC WMS spec, this should be uppercase TRUE though, and
> values are case-sensitive. There is at least one vendor out there
> (Ionic) which only accepts uppercase values for TRANSPARENT, and
> otherwise will return an error.

Thanks, I'll open a ticket for that. Note that you can set
TRANSPARENT:"TRUE", and then set isBaseLayer: false as an option on the
layer, rather than depending on the automatic detection by Layer/WMS.js,
so this shouldn't be a showstopper for anything. (The 'transparent ==
true' check is just for convenience.)

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta