[OpenLayers-Users] mapserver CGI layer type?

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Sat Feb 24 09:31:45 EST 2007

On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 10:05:05PM -0500, Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there a mapserver CGI, (not WMS) layer type for OpenLayers?
> I've been looking through the docs and examples and I'm not seeing it.

There is, but it's currently broken. The example is at
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/mapserver.html , the layer is called
Layer.MapServer, and information on the bug is at
http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/508

There is a patch in that ticket that fixes the MapServer layer, so long
as you don't have any ","s in the non-Query String part of your URL.

To apply to patch:

wget http://openlayers.org/download/OpenLayers-2.3.tar.gz
tar -zvxf OpenLayers-2.3.tar.gz
cd OpenLayers-2.3
wget -O mapserver.patch \
   "http://trac.openlayers.org/attachment/ticket/508/mapserver.patch?format=raw"
patch -p0 < mapserver.patch

Then, your copy of examples/mapserver.html will work correctly.

I'll hopefully have a patch that doesn't affect URLs which already
contain a "," before 2.4, so you shouldn't have to do this in the next
version.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta