[OpenLayers-Users] Google Maps as an overlay

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Sat Feb 24 21:26:06 EST 2007

On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 11:42:40AM +1100, bradleyspencer wrote:
> I have had no problems using G_HYBRID_MAP for a base layer in OpenLayers.

Google isn't designed to be used as an overlay in OpenLayers. I don't
know of any work being done in this regard -- I've never known you could
do this, so it's not something I've taken into account. If you want to
use Google as an overlay, you'll probably have to do some investigation
and hacking, since I don't know of anyone else doing this.

Sorry I can't be more informative or helpful.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta