[OpenLayers-Users] Google Maps as an overlay

bradleyspencer brad at cubewerx.com.au
Sat Feb 24 19:42:40 EST 2007

I have had no problems using G_HYBRID_MAP for a base layer in OpenLayers.
However, when using Google Maps you can access the HYBRID roads separately
from the satellite imagery (G_HYBRID_MAP.getTileLayers()[1]) if you want to
overlay the roads and text on top of your custom overlay. In my application
I want to overlay semi-translucent SLD-rendered demographic layers on top of
a GoogleMaps base; then I want to overlay these HYBRID roads only so that
they are more readable. But when I try to sandwich my layer between the two
google layers it does not display any google layers and the hybrid overlay
is greyed out in the layerswitcher.

Can anyone suggest how I could make the HYBRID layer (roads only) an overlay
on OpenLayers?

See http://demo.cubewerx.com.au/DemoDrapes.html

Cheers,

Brad