[OpenLayers-Users] Tilecache tile index clarification

joanne cook j.cook at oxfordarch.co.uk
Tue Jan 9 09:10:52 EST 2007

Hi All,

I am slowly making progress getting tilecache 1.3 working on windows XP with apache 2.3. I have got to the stage where I can see the example URLs, and I'm trying to set up my own mapserver wms example. I have a valid wms server running, serving one layer, using projection EPSG:27700. If I use the URL
http://localhost/tilecache-1.3/tilecache.py/1.0.0/Raster250K/0/0/0.png
I can see one tile showing me the whole of my raster layer.

However if I try and call it using a variant on:
http://localhost/tilecache-1.3/tilecache.py?LAYERS=Raster250K&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMap&SRS=EPSG:27700&BBOX=-3.57463,53.4869,-2,55.2941&SIZE=256,256
Then I get the following error message:
An error occurred: couldn't calculate tile index for layer Raster250K from ([-3.57463, 53.486899999999999, -2.0, 55.2941])
  File "C:\xampp\htdocs\tilecache-1.3\TileCache\Service.py", line 398, in modPythonHandler
    host )

  File "C:\xampp\htdocs\tilecache-1.3\TileCache\Service.py", line 377, in dispatchRequest
    tile = WMS(self).parse(params, path_info, host)

  File "C:\xampp\htdocs\tilecache-1.3\TileCache\Service.py", line 118, in parse
    return self.getMap(param)

  File "C:\xampp\htdocs\tilecache-1.3\TileCache\Service.py", line 127, in getMap
    % (layer.name, bbox)

I am confused as to the projection that my bounding box coordinates should be in, and have tried them in EPSG 27700 and 4326. The above are the lat and long coordinates taken straight from the GetCapabilities xml file. I'm only assuming that's the problem though- my apache error log shows plenty of activity for the first URL above, and nothing for the second.

Cheers

Jo

Joanne Cook BSc MLitt AIFA MBCS
Information Systems Coordinator