[OpenLayers-Users] map.toJSONString, too much recursion

Tim Schaub noreply at geocartic.com
Wed Jan 10 12:19:32 EST 2007

> okay, are there plans for adding a toJSONString function to
> the Map object in OpenLayers? Or does anyone have one lying

The WMC spec has some promise here.  I've got a half baked control lying
around on the shelf that creates a WMC doc given the state of the map.  The
doc is maintained as a JSON data structure that can be translated to XML.
The same control would parse WMC docs (converting the XML to JSON) and set
the map state.

If anyone is significantly motivated, this could be finished.  (Decisions
would have to be made on how to extend WMC to handle OL specific stuff - but
it is set up for that.)

Tim