[OpenLayers-Users] layer on top of google maps stretched

Tore Halset halset at pvv.ntnu.no
Thu Jan 11 07:24:02 EST 2007

Hello.

I am drawing a wms (transparent png) on top of google maps in
openlayers. Openlayers use EPSG:4326 in the WMS request and stretch
the returned image to fit pretty well. Circles in the WMS layer are
stretched more and more as I navigate to the North of equator.

Is it possible to specify a projection for the WMS-layer that will
reduce the stretching?

The wms-service is based on OpenMap and I am able to introduce new
EPSG-codes and projections.

  - Tore.