[OpenLayers-Users] semicolon is GeoRSS url's

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Sun Jan 14 12:06:07 EST 2007

On Sun, Jan 14, 2007 at 05:43:45PM +0100, Robert Buzink wrote:
> hi Christopher,
>
> The same problem also occurs with the most recent svn. The example page that
> you pointed to, uses javascript to get the url in the map dynamically. Could
> that be the difference? To prove my point (:-), you can find the code of the
> GeoRSS example with the semicolon-url precoded in the map function below and
> as an attachment. Note that functionality is broken (and precoded feed
> doesn't show). I guess  the semicolon just breaks the add.layer statement in
> two?

It's probably a proxy problem. Copying your example to
http://openlayers.org/~crschmidt/georss.semicolo2.html works for me: I
see
http://openlayers.org/proxy/?url=http%3A//geourl.org/near%3Fp%3Dhttp%3A//www.robertbuzink.nl%3Bformat%3Drss10

requested. The /proxy/ URL on openlayers.org behaves slightly
differently than the proxy.cgi in SVN, since it allows access to any
site: I think that is probably where the problem lies.

If you change the request above to point to your own proxy, and work
backwards from there to find out where the proxy is breaking, you might
be able to get it to work.

Give it a try, and if you can figure out that it's a problem with the
OpenLayers-distributed proxy.cgi, feel free to reply with a fix you
made, and we'll get it applied.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta