[OpenLayers-Users] GeoRSS and layers

Yves Jacolin yjacolin at free.fr
Mon Jan 15 09:56:34 EST 2007

Hi,

I would like to load a GeoRSS url with several channels. For each channel, I
would like a spécific layer in the layer control bar. But the actual geoRSS
javascript file load all items in one layer.

Do you have any ideas to modify the georss.js file to load one layer for each
channel nodes ?

Furthermore, do you know if it is "possible" to add an icon tags for example
to modify icons for each item ? I modified my georss.xml response to get
something like :
<item>
   <title>titre</title>
   <link>link</link>
   <description>Some description</description>
   <geo:lat>48</geo:lat>
   <geo:long>2</geo:long>
   <icons>points.png</icons>
</item>

And copy-paste the part where icon is loaded from the test.js file. Does
GeoRSS allow to add its own tag ?

Thanks,

Y.
--