[OpenLayers-Users] prevent browser cache

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) bartvde at osgis.nl
Tue Jan 23 07:10:01 EST 2007

Hi list,

for dynamically changing data browser cache on images could be an unwanted
feature. Chameleon for instance always appends a random parameter to the url
to prevent the browser cache from coming into play.

Is there such a switch in OpenLayers, i.e. to keep urls unique? If not, at
which level (Map, Layer, WMS, Untiled?) would it be appropriate to have such
a switch?

For now I have changed getURL in Untiled.js to get the behaviour I wanted:

    getURL: function(bounds) {
        var tileSize = this.map.getSize();
        tileSize.w = tileSize.w * this.ratio;
        tileSize.h = tileSize.h * this.ratio;
        return this.getFullRequestString( {'BBOX': bounds.toBBOX(),
                                                  'WIDTH': tileSize.w,
                                                  'HEIGHT': tileSize.h,
'TTT': OpenLayers.Util.createUniqueID('ttt')} );
    },

Hope to hear some discussion on this subject.

Best regards,
Bart

--
Bart van den Eijnden