[OpenLayers-Users] Highlight elements

Aitor Calero Garcia aitor.calero at usm.es
Thu Jan 25 12:11:28 EST 2007

> Christopher,
>
> I believe this is like the mapserver Query functionality. if you do a
> query the query results highlighted on the map. In the description
> below, the id could be a UID for a shapefile or a database record or
> whatever and they want to be able to highlight that object(s) on the
> map.

Exactly!!! I think that it is possible to add an SLD parameter to WMS
request with a new style to be applied in an specific layer. I wonder if
this could be done in OpenLayers, or if it is any other way to achieve
this.

It is a very common feature. Look for some parcels, for example,
retrieve a list, and get all those parcels highlighted in the map.