[OpenLayers-Users] icreasing time loading images

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Sat Mar 3 14:57:44 EST 2007

aniss,

I think we need more information about where the images are coming from?
  For example how are the images being generated? Are you using
Mapserver or something else to generate the images or are you calling a
remote WMS, or google like service?

Performance issues might occur on the server/service generating the
images, or your ethernet bandwidth, etc, OpenLayers is a javascript
client and as such only requests images for other sources.

Once the images load does the browser perform acceptable until it needs
to request more images?

If the server/service can support making requests to multiple urls, you
can init your layer with multiple host urls which will allow multiple
requests for images to be sent out in parallel which can speed things up.

-Steve