[OpenLayers-Users] icreasing time loading images

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Sat Mar 3 17:50:03 EST 2007

On Sat, Mar 03, 2007 at 07:01:02PM +0000, aniss kabbaj wrote:
> I'm using openlayers
> i try to display 12 images (png), it works but takes too much time to load
> (12 images = 1go)
> is there any solution to decrease time loading my images.
> i load only a small part of the 12 images wich interest me  : with
>
> var PointZoom = new OpenLayers.LonLat(pointX,pointY);
>     map.setCenter(PointZoom, 5);

You have two options that I can recommend:
 * Switch to a WMS.Untiled layer, possibly with a 'ratio' of something
   like 1 set on the layer:

     new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS.Untiled("Name", "URL", {'params':'here'},
                                    {ratio: 1.0});

 * Turn down the buffer on your WMS layer:

     new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS("Name", "URL", {'params':'here'},  {buffer: 0});

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta