[OpenLayers-Users] Openlayers proxy solutions

Mifan Careem mifan at opensource.lk
Tue Mar 6 13:42:26 EST 2007

Hi All,

I'm Mifan, a newbie to this list. I work for Sahana
(http://sahana.lk/) ,the FOSS disaster management system. We have a
comprehensive plan of integrating OpenLayers into Sahana, and OL is at
the forefront as the client mapping interface. A draft roadmap of GIS
integration, initiated by David Bitner is here:
http://wiki.sahana.lk/doku.php?id=dev:gis_infra

I was looking through the archives for solutions to the Javascript proxy
problem, and the use of the proxy cgi script. However, there might be
restrictions on what we can use on the server side of Sahana, and I was
wondering whether going with a cgi-bin enabled apache, along with a
proxy script in python is the best solution, as this increases the
requirements during a disaster. What would be the best way to get
GeoRSS/WFS to work on OL, with minimum server side requirement needs?

Of the other solutions, mod_rewrite functionality of Apache is also
another specific requirement. And I guess digitally signed scripts are
out of the question.

So, what do you suggest to be the best way to bypass the JS proxy
problem, with special consideration on times of a disaster, where too
many restriction cannot be placed on the administrator..?

Comments would be appreciated.

Regards

Mifan

http://techmania.wordpress.com
---
Your depth of comprehension may tend to make you lax in worldly ways.