[OpenLayers-Users] Problem with tiles (TMS layer)

Petra Staub calc42 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 16 19:30:33 EDT 2007

Hi

I am making my first steps with TMS layers and have a quite big amount of
tiles,
stored in directories, corresponding to their y-coordinate, and the tiles
themselves, named by the x-coordinate.

I created also the XML file, describing the TileSets. For displaying I
simply used the tms.html from the OpenLayers examples.
However, I see somehow some patches  ;-) , but the big picture
is not correct. So, following questions:

- for a tiles map, which are actually not related to a SRS, what do I
  specify there?
- I e.g. only see tiles in the top right qudrant... can't there be negative
  coordinates?
- the map is not deplayed to its full extent...it this simpy due to a
  wrongly set bounding box?
- is there a usable example, explaining a little bit my case?

Thanks for any kind of help!