[OpenLayers-Users] Regarding setup of wfs layers in opelayers.

Kanhaiya kale ( कન્હૈযা ਕਾளெ ) kanhaiya.kale at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 01:52:40 EDT 2007

Hi,
Now i have shifted the openlayer and geoserver on same server.
then also it is not showing me wfs layer. it is also not generating any js
error.
Sometimes it is giving me js error as "uncaught exception: security error:
content at  http://192.168.5.38/~dev/OL/pcmc/wfsdemo.php may not load data
from http://dev.pcmc.org/geoserver/wfs/transaction."
what may be the reason can anybody help me ?

On 3/14/07, Christopher Schmidt <crschmidt at metacarta.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 07:01:28AM -0400, Schuyler Erle wrote:
> > On Tue, 2007-03-13 at 11:14 +0530, Kanhaiya kale ( ?????????????????????
> ???????????? ) wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > > I am using openlayers. i have setup wms layers using mapserver and
> > > geoserver. Now, i want to setup wfs layers using geoserver.
> > > wms layers with geoserver is working properly but wfs layers from
> > > geoserver is not getting displayed in openlayers. i tried examples of
> > > openlayers but it is not of help.
> > > Source code of given my example is http://rafb.net/p/INgwb641.html .
> > > I googled for this problem. I tried source code of 3-4 wfs examples.
> > > example's layers are working on localhost but not of mine. It is not
> > > showing errors. but layer is also not getting displayed. There is also
> > > no javascript error.
> >
> > Unfortunately your example's not available any more, apparently, but
> > have you considered cross-browser security issues? If your geoserver is
>                        ^^ cross-domain
>
> > on a different host or port from the one you're serving OL from (which
> > seems likely), then the browser may silently refuse to load anything
> > from it.
>
> Note that the 'silently' is actually due to OpenLayers catching and
> silently throwing away the exception. But yes.
>
> KK: You need to set up a ProxyHost. I know you had one working at one
> point, but your example that you pasted no longer had it. Once you get
> the ProxyHost back in place, let us know what happens.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Christopher Schmidt
> MetaCarta