[OpenLayers-Users] pan behaviour for WMS.Untiled

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Tue Mar 20 15:35:49 EDT 2007

On Tue, Mar 20, 2007 at 01:52:05PM -0400, Schuyler Erle wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-03-20 at 11:02 +0100, Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > when somebody drags outside of the map when panning (WMS.Untiled), part of
> > the map stays white and does not update.
> >
> > In a tiled situation this does not occur.
> >
> > Is this intentional? Does anybody know a quick fix which will cause the map
> > to update in this case?
>
> Yes, the cancellation of the pan on mouse out was definitely intentional
> -- a year ago, we thought it was the right thing to do. The reason why
> is that if the mouse is off the map, then (I think) the map doesn't get
> mouse up events. So you need to temporarily attach to the mouse up event
> on the entire window in the mouse down handler if you want this behavior
> to work the way you expect, and then detach again in the mouse up event
> handler.

The problem is that we don't cancel the pan on mouse out in 2.3. This is
fixed in the Navigation control in 2.4. The fix is going to be to
upgrade to 2.4, and start using the new MouseToolbar (NavToolbar) and
MouseDefaults (Navigation) code instead of the old MouseDefaults.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta