[OpenLayers-Users] problem with panel control

Eric Lemoine Eric.Lemoine at camptocamp.com
Wed Mar 21 04:09:00 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I'd like to build my own panel control object, composed of a
Navigation and a DrawFeature. So far I've had no success, my panel
refuses to display!

My code looks like that of OpenLayers.Control.EditingToolbar:

MyToolbar = OpenLayers.Class.create();
MyToolbar.prototype =
  OpenLayers.Class.inherit( OpenLayers.Control.Panel, {

    initialize: function(layer, options) {
        OpenLayers.Control.Panel.prototype.initialize.apply(this, [options]);

        this.addControls(
          [ new OpenLayers.Control.Navigation() ]
        );
        var controls = [
          new OpenLayers.Control.DrawFeature(layer,
OpenLayers.Handler.Point, {'displayClass':
'olControlDrawFeaturePoint'})
        ];
        for (var i = 0; i < controls.length; i++) {
            controls[i].featureAdded = function(feature) {
feature.state = OpenLayers.State.INSERT; }
        }
        this.addControls(controls);
    },

    draw: function() {
        var div = OpenLayers.Control.Panel.prototype.draw.apply(this,
arguments);
        this.activateControl(this.controls[0]);
        return div;
    },