[OpenLayers-Users] panzoombar problem

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) bartvde at osgis.nl
Thu Mar 22 09:24:27 EDT 2007

Hi Schuyler,

thanks for the update. Your patch will only work for resize events and not
for text size increases/decreases if I interpret correctly?

I read in the ticket comments that updateSize is already a way for the
developer to update the position.

This is true for the map, but shouldn't controls also have a way to do this?
A problem right now (2.3) is that there is no standard interface to do this,
as you can see from the code fragment below which I used to workaround the
issue:

        map.events.element.offsets = null;
        overviewmap.ovmap.events.element.offsets = null;
        for(var i=0; i< map.controls.length; i++) {
            var control = map.controls[i];
            if (control.divEvents) { control.divEvents.element.offsets =
null; }
            if (control.elementEvents) {
control.elementEvents.element.offsets = null; }
            if (control.rectEvents) { control.rectEvents.element.offsets =
null; }
        }

Best regards,
Bart