[OpenLayers-Users] panzoombar problem

Schuyler Erle sderle at metacarta.com
Thu Mar 22 08:47:46 EDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-22 at 13:13 +0100, Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) wrote:
> I was too optimistic :-(
>
> There are nasty side-effects, especially when dragging the rectangle in the
> overview map. Panning in the main map by dragging ofcourse is also quite a
> bit slower.
>
> Is there any timeline for a fix? Seems to me this is a serious problem. I
> fear it is beyond my capabilities to provide a patch for this.

Bart, if you have a look at #388, you'll see that I've written a patch
that solves part of the problem:

http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/388

Now that I think about it, perhaps we should also recalculate the
screen offsets on zoom in/zoom out, and perhaps on every move start.
This way if the screen positions get messed up, they won't stay messed
up for very long, but we won't spend a whole lot of time while the user
is dragging the map doing the recalculations.

Opinions? I can write a patch for this and file it with #388 today.

SDE