[OpenLayers-Users] HTTPRequest example?

Bobby Braswell rob.braswell at unh.edu
Fri Mar 23 18:00:11 EDT 2007

Hi-

Could someone please post a link to a working example of the
OpenLayers.Layer.HTTPRequest() ? Sorry I can't find anything.

I'd like to make the "download data" button work on this map --
http://waage.sr.unh.edu/goo/landcover.html -- I have a CGI that will
make a cutout geotiff using WCS, but for some reason I can't figure
out how to send the request. Basically, what is the input "name"
supposed to be?

OpenLayers.Layer.HTTPRequest(name, url, params, options)

Alternatively, is there a better method? I've seen use of
OpenLayers.loadURL but can't find that in the documentation. Should I
just use a regular XML HTTP get? I think I did that once :-)

Thanks,
Rob Braswell