[OpenLayers-Users] Drawing a Point Feature in Firefox is Slow

Francisco Javier Garcia Villasur fjgarciav at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 13:37:07 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I am relatively new to Openlayers and it seems a very good framework to
build Maps.

I would like to draw to kinds of features (point and lines) and I have found
in the Web the sample
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/draw-feature.htmlthat it seems
suitable for my necessities.

In this sample we have notice that when the zoom is small, drawing the
feature is fast, but when I go  to a deeper zoom (zoom-in 10 o 20 times to
New Orleans) (the maximum zoom that allows this page). drawing a point is
extremely slow , blocking even the navigator during a period of time. During
this time I cannot do anything else in my computer. The Firefox explorer get
more that 90% of my CPU.

My configuration is a navigator Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.3

I have been testing the same sample with IE and it works OK without any
problem. It seems that the SVG renderer have a problem in this level of
zoom.

Any idea.

Thanks in Advance