[OpenLayers-Users] printing...

Ed Dowding ed at citysafe.org
Wed Mar 28 17:00:38 EDT 2007

We've got an enterprise licence and the right to capture / print maps, so no
EULA problems!

Thanks for watching our backs though!

:)

On 26/3/07 15:12, "Vincent Picavet" <vpi at makina-corpus.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Le Lundi 26 Mars 2007 17:57, Stephen Woodbridge a écrit :
>> Others have debated making a WMS wrapper Google and I'm sure you can
>> find the threads in the mapserver and/or openlayers list archive. If
>> there was a WMS wrapper that would make things easier and it might be
>> acceptable to use it in this manner, but I'm not a lawyer and I haven't
>> read the google EULA.
>
> This is clearly offending google EULA.
> cubewerx set up a WMS server for google maps data and was asked to stop :
>
> http://209.85.129.104/search?q=cache:H3rTgK9-MzAJ:www10.giscafe.com/ng/article
> .php%3Fid%3D43937%26group%3Dcomp.infosystems.gis+google+maps+wms+server&hl=en&
> ct=clnk&cd=4&client=firefox-a
>
> The only way to legally access google maps data, hence to print it, is through
> a browser. No server side access other than using a javascript-enabled
> browser on the server, which does not look like a very clean solution....
>
> Vincent

Ed

Ed Dowding
ed at citysafe.org
+44 (0)7775 79 18 14
Skype: eddowding

Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing

Privileged or confidential information may be contained in this email
and is intended for the addressee. If you are not the addressee, or
the person responsible for delivering it to the person addressed, you
may not copy or deliver this to anyone else. If you receive this
email by mistake, please notify us immediately.