[OpenLayers-Users] Popup for WFS Feature

mfrumin mfrumin at rpa.org
Sun May 6 14:54:20 EDT 2007

using: 2.4-rc3

I think I get it -- to cutomize the way your WFS points are represented, you
should subclass and override createMarker() and createPopup().

that said, when I look at the Feature class, it appears to have a
createPopup() method, but having put in an alert() it never seems to get
called when i click on the (default red diamond) marker.  here's how I have
created my WFS layer:

layer = new OpenLayers.Layer.WFS( "Stations WFS", wfs,
                    { typename: 'frumin:trx_stations', maxfeatures: 1 } ,
                { featureClass: OpenLayers.Feature.WFS}
                    );
            map.addLayer(layer);

and it works gorgeously in terms of getting the red marker, but I want to
program some interactivity.

maybe I shouldn't be surprised tho, because the example i got it from
(http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/wfs.html) doesn't seem to have any
interactivity on the markers either.

what think?

thanks,