[OpenLayers-Users] Display Map from MapServer with OpenLayers

Pfirter Lukas lp at rpag.ch
Thu May 10 03:07:07 EDT 2007

I just got this work, thank you!
I needed to implement the following code:

var wmslayer = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS( "WMS Layer", "http://domain.com/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/path/to/file.map", {layers: 'Layername'} );
map.addLayers([wmslayer]);

Now, the only problem I have left is, that the distance measuring bar, sended by the mapserver, is displayed a few times inside the OL window. Is it possible to still use this dynamically generated bar with OL but have it displayed only once (for example in a corner)? Or do I have to disable this bar in the ".map"-File and can not use it in OL?

Lucas