[OpenLayers-Users] dragmakerer

Paul Stanton paul.stanton at gunnsoft.com.au
Thu Nov 1 23:31:38 EDT 2007

Well, I was just about to ... but then I noticed something further:

It's not just the top left of the marker that can be dragged, but any
transparent zone of the marker.png! I tested this theory by creating a
new marker.png with a transparent center, and guess what, now I can drag
from the center!

So it seems to be some kind of issue with IE's handling of png
transparency and event propagation?! Sounds crazy, I know, but does that
ring any bells with anyone, and if so where should I look to resolve this?

Could it be that the event is not being attached to the image element,
and that in the transparent regions somehow pass the event to the
containing layer which handles the event properly? Sounds like something
that could be resolved quite easily if someone knows where to look.

Thanks guys. Paul.