[OpenLayers-Users] status of OpenLayers.Layer.TileCache ?

Gregor Mosheh gregor at hostgis.com
Tue Nov 20 22:10:29 EST 2007

Paul Spencer wrote:
> TileCache is working for me.  Note that TileCache layers point to the
> root directory of the actual disc cache of your tiles, not to the
> TileCache cgi.

Yup, got that. I was having some odd problems with the other layers
(GeoRSS layers) vanishing and never returning. Are you using 2.5 or a
SVN/CVS version? Cuz if "it works for you" in the 2.5 release, then I'll
put more effort into debugging it.

I'm looking forward to seeing Layer.TileCache in action. The "plain old
file" requests will be very amenable to Apache's mod_mem_cache and I
suspect that the performance in such conditions could be breathtaking.

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth
System Administrator, HostGIS cartographic development & hosting services

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA